Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 8, 2012

10.08.12

So I have been reading my bible everyday whether I read an actual bible or the app on my phone. I have also added several people to my facebook newsfeed such as Joel Olsteen, Proverbs 31, Bible Verse Daily, and etc. I haven't been posting for my followers to read and feel. It's very hard for me to stick to something such as writing everyday. I was never one for journals. However, we (Jd & I) are about to (practically right dab in the middle of doing so) embark on a huge step in our lives...MARRIAGE?! No, we have decided (rather told) to move to a place called Hollis, Oklahoma. I like to refer to it as Harmon County (I like the sound of that) and because there are only 2000 people in our entire county! Jd took a position as an Oklahoma Game Warden and we are just thrilled to be setting out on this crazy wild adventure. Now, what I was getting at is that it is going to be a challenge for me with a lot of upcoming changes and I think getting this blog up and going is the best source of relief I will have. I will be posting about anything and everything. I will post the crafts I do, the recipes I try from pinterest, to the crazy adventures of our new life.
I hope to keep this blog going (and growing) till I become not only an Oklahoma Daughter, but an Oklahoma Wife, Oklahoma Mother, and who knows maybe even Oklahoma Grandmother.

So here starts the journey...

(Let me catch you up)
March 2012 - Hired as Oklahoma Game Warden - Like begins to change...
May 2012 - leaves for cleet - I go crazy
June 2012 - still at cleet - I am getting somewhat adjusted while beginning to prepare and pack.
July 2012 - We get a glimpse of what Holidays will be like now - he's still at cleet - more packing & moving takes place.
August 2012 - He is still at cleet - I am getting more packed - I get a good shock and see the new place and what all our little Harmon County is made of (all one stop light)
September 2012 - He is still at cleet - I am finishing up packing - have a really big month with Scentsy
October 2012

So this weekend we took one of our final loads of stuff to the HC. I really cannot understand where all of this stuff came from?! We have tons! I even threw stuff away during the packing process and am still weeding through it. I am starting to get better accustomed to the life we are going to have in HC. At first they told me we are going to have "big wig" television - that is my wording for something other than 2,6,8, & 11! I sigh and say at least I will have DVR and will be able to keep up with my favorite television series without having to wait to watch them on netflix. Then they tell me I won't have internet?! Honey Boo Boo say what?! !?!?! A big bless your heart came after that! Mind you I already learned of having NO, NO service when I get to the HC. So, now we are looking for an internet provider and a cell phone provider for me!! Go figure the two most used items of my average day!

Then I found out that the nearest Starbucks is 1:45 away?! How do people ever survive without starbucks?! This must be why most cowboys prefer their coffee black! I know after reading this you are probably wondering how I ever considered myself a country/cowgirl of a person?! Well, you see it's really easy to explain that one. I grew up that way move to the "town" and got used to things....however after our first night in a real bed in the new house I quickly realized that Jd and are meant to be together. We blurted out, almost simultaneously "it's quiet" there were no sounds of car horns, jake brakes, sires, dogs barking, etc... We were in HOG HEAVEN!

So as you can tell I am slowly finding my own self in this little adventure that God has blessed me with. Yes, I will miss my friends, and family but God will put new people in my life - not to replace the others but to remind me that I am his creation and he is not finished with me yet.
Who knows this might be the new road for my Scentsy business, my blog, my life, my whatever...who knows?! My God does!

So keep following me if you want to learn about cool things, funny things, great recipes, pintrosities I have done, and all the little quirks to my life. I know I won't have many followers but the ones I do have will be welcomed and enjoyed!

I know that some of my postings may not be grammatically correct but they are straight from the heart and if you read them long enough you will start to hear my voice and will soon come to enjoy it for what it is ... me

Lauren Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment